Monday, April 4, 2011

ON BEING HUMAN napowrimo #4

ON BEING HUMAN
Is there a pain
involved in writing?
Some unspoken hurt
crying out to be expressed
so that it does not explode
bottled up within the tight confines
of the mind
and heart?

Is it pain?
That dull, throbbing reminder
that unfortunately
I still live and breathe
even though my fondest reasons
have been ripped from my grasp
have scurried through my fingers
leaving me with empty hands
and empty heart?

Well, is it?

Content, blissful –
poetry becomes “too good to be true”
a pollyanna version
of what the world is “really” like.

Is the world really pain?

Come join my joy.
See my beauty!
Hear my symphony.
Feel my aliveness …
I am overflowing
with goodness and vitality!

Why is it that what reverberates
among the souls
of strangers

is the shared pain
of being human?

Michelle Balletto-Wooten
© 4-4-11

No comments:

Post a Comment