Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A RIVER OF STONES ...(The Holocaust)

A RIVER OF STONES
(The Holocaust)

You cannot touch my Spirit -
you cannot touch my Spirit!
Torture my body, there's nothing in it;
upon this river's stones is not where I sit.
My Spirit soars!
You cannot touch my Spirit.

My Voice you cannot silence -
my Voice you cannot silence.
If you gag me it makes no sense,
I won't be quiet for you gents.
My Voice roars!
My Voice you cannot silence.

My Story will be told -
my Story will be told.
I will be brave, I will be bold
even if I've died and my heart is cold.
My Story is yours!
My Story will be told.

My Spirit will be free -
my Spirit will be free!
I'll float this river lightly
These stones once cast won't bury Me.
My Spirit soars!
My Spirit will be free!


Michelle Balletto-Wooten
©7-15-11

No comments:

Post a Comment